LLB (First Class Honours), BA
Peggy is a corporate partner at Deutsch Miller. Before joining Deutsch Miller, Peggy had a fantastic career at King & Wood Mallesons, Gilbert + Tobin and a global law firm where she acted on some of the highest profile transactions in Australia.
After years of wanting to take on the venture capital, entrepreneurial and tech world, she took a leap of faith with Deutsch Miller and hasn’t looked back (yet). Her eyes have now opened to a new world – new ways of doing business and new technologies – and she has finally found her place.
Peggy’s key strengths as a corporate lawyer include her ability to:
- deliver user friendly legal product;
- keep legal concepts simple;
- play different roles at the negotiation table;
- understand the client’s business, product and strategy (not just legal issues).
When it comes to legal services, her philosophy is:
- tell people the important things first;
- make a judgement call (who wants a fence sitter?);
- listen - after all, it’s the client’s business and money, not the lawyers’.
Peggy’s major areas of specialisation are M&A (public and private), private equity and venture capital. She has experience in a wide range of sectors including: healthcare, technology, aged care, fintech, logistics, energy and transport.
Her clients include PE sponsors, corporates, venture capital arms of corporates, growth stage companies, entrepreneurs, listed companies, sovereign wealth funds and SOEs.
Outside of the office, Peggy loves travelling (top pick of the year, Lisbon!) and all things property design. If you want to find the perfect shade of white for your walls – she’s the person to ask!